Thank you for your interest in my work. I am a licensed psychotherapist with 14 years of experience helping people suffering from conditions like depression, anxiety, loss/grief and PTSD/trauma so that they can live happier more balanced lives. My life is committed to helping people heal and to alleviate the suffering that comes from psychological, emotional, and spiritual pain in all its forms. I am a firm believe that today's intractable problems and deep pain points offer the clues and hold the keys to their own resolution and are the fuel for personal healing, growth, and transformation. As such, I hold a space of compassion and non-judgement for these delicate, vulnerable, and painful places so that they can be examined, understood, and eventually healed.
My background includes working in intensive mental health settings such as UCSF's Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute as well as my experience as a shamanic guide at Blue Morpho Center for Shamanism and Ayahuasca in Peru, where I helped guide people from all kinds of backgrounds through their transformative journey with Ayahuasca plant medicine. Because of my unique background, I can draw from the worlds of traditional psychiatry and psychotherapy as well as the worlds of sacred plant medicine, meditation, and spiritual healing approaches.
- B.A. Latin American Studies - Columbia University
- M.S. Clinical Psychology - San Francisco State University
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California (MFC #45429) since 2008
- 3 years as Clinician and Program Manager at UCSF Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute
- Meditation / Mindfulness / Vipassana - 15 years of practice
- 2 years full-time as an apprentice shaman in the Peruvian Amazon